Funerals / Memorials
If you're reading this, most likely, someone you love has passed away, and I just want to start by saying how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Even if I've yet to know you personally, my heart goes out to you and your family, and all those dearly loved by the one who left a legacy, a memory, and seeds in the hearts of many to sprout the love they would want passed on in their memory.
I won't have any videos of myself playing a funeral or a memorial, although I've played many. My desire is to best honor the loved one, not showcase myself, but to allow the gift of music to help everyone remember, and feel, and experience the comfort we all long to give to one another at this difficult time.
Why Choose a Funeral Musician
- Music calms the spirit and penetrates into the heart to allow people to feel what they need to feel. This can be used to help grant peace, hope, joy, and allow people to express their love in unity as the music fills the blessed space.
- Music can be used during a slideshow presentation, a communion, a time of reflection, or to allow people to sing together.
- Music can be played before the ceremony begins, during, and/or post ceremony.
- Music can be chosen to help show others a little bit more into the heart of the person who has passed, as we hear their favorite songs, or what tunes inspired them to live the way they lived.
Funeral / Memorial / Celebration of Life Ceremonies Song Samples
- Christian Funerals (It Is Well With My Soul, Amazing Grace, Great is Thy Faithfulness, etc.)
- Catholic Funerals (On Eagle's Wings, I Am the Bread of Life, Shelter Me O God, etc.)
- Gospel Funerals (When The Saints, I'll Fly Away, Walk With Me Jesus, etc.)
- Non-Religious Funerals (Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Unforgettable, What a Wonderful World, etc.)
- Korean Funerals (Korean Traditional songs, Arirang, Springtime in My Hometown, Amazing Grace in Korean)
Also, many times, a client would ask if I could learn a song that was special to their loved one, and of course, as much as possible, I have been able to learn and sing and play with my heart for the songs they choose. Please feel free to request it. I know you have a lot of planning to do, and I want to help you as much as I possible can.
God bless your planning, and your hearts, and may the memory of your loved one pass on from generation to generation.